By Jason Cowlishaw
A deep-fat fryer caused an uncontrollable fire that resulted in the destruction of the Welford Chippy.
Emergency services arrived to the scene on Sunday (April 9) at around 4pm, and it took them about two hours to tackle the inferno.
Welford Road had to be closed as the building was cordoned off and firefighters had to wait hours before they could enter the top floor of the building as it was too badly damaged to enter.
For more information and for footage of the event as it unfolded, or to hear an eye-witness account from one of the firefighters who was involved in dousing the fire, click below.