Hamilton house fire devastates property

by Harry Shellard

Fire services attended an incident at a house in Hamilton yesterday morning (25NOV) to find the property engulfed in flames.

The house, which is in Stillington Crescent, had a huge fire coming from the first floor as two fire and rescue vehicles attended the scene.

The fire was located on the first floor and there was 100 per cent damage reported to the first floor from smoke and 25 per cent damage to the first- floor bedroom by fire.

It is believed that the cause of the fire was due to an unattended diva (a clay light used during Diwali celebrations) that was left by the residents, and they were lucky to escape the incident unscathed.

Two breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used by firefighters to extinguish the fire.

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service urged all residents of the county to be wary of where they place candles and divas, as these are the biggest causes of fires within a home.

Leave a Comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: