Did you see this assault on three men in Leicester?

breaking_1_1

Police are stepping up their appeals for witnesses to an assault on three men in Belgrave Road, Leicester.

A spokesman said:  “If you saw what happened in the incident, contact us. We need your help with our investigation. Please call us on 101, quoting incident number 16000293468.”

Officers were called in the early hours of the morning of September 25 to a report of a disturbance in the B & M Store car park.

Two men, aged 33 and 25, were taken to hospital. The 33-year-old has been discharged and the 25-year-old remains in the Queen’s Medical Centre in a stable condition.

The spokesman added: “It has since come to our attention that a third man, a 19-year-old, was injured in the incident. He was taken to the Leicester Royal Infirmary and has since been discharged.”

Five people have now been arrested in connection with an assault.

The arrested men – a 33-year-old, a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old and two 20-year-olds – have been bailed pending further enquiries.

Latest figures from the website UK crime statistics show that during July there were 124 violent or sexual crimes committed in a one mile radius of Belgrave Road.

graph-page-001

More information about the incident can be found at the Leicestershire Police website.

 

Leicester lottery scammers collect thousands of pounds from victims

key-advice-page-001

The public are being warned to remain vigilant after a number of people have been coerced into handing over thousands of pounds in return for a winning lottery ticket.

The reports relate to victims being approached in the street by one or two people who claim that they have won the lottery but are unable to claim the winnings as they require a passport of another form of identification.

The victims are then asked for money in return for the winning lottery ticket. In some cases the victims are elderly or vulnerable and as much as £50,000 in cash and jewellery has been handed over to the suspects.

Detective Constable Catherine Thompson, who is investigating the incidents, said: “These callous criminals have preyed on vulnerable people. From the reports we’ve received so far we estimate more than £100,000 in cash has been coerced from the victims.

“We would urge the public to remain vigilant, if you have been a victim of similar fraud and haven’t yet spoken with the police please come forward and report the incident to us, you may be able to provide vital information which could take our enquiries forward.”

 

So far seven incidents have occurred at various locations in Leicester including Trevino Drive, Melton Road, Windsor Avenue, Narborough Road, Belgrave Road, Totland Road and Edward Avenue in the last six months.

Police are also investigating reports of victims being approached by people asking for directions and while they are distracted bank cards and other items have been stolen.

DC Thompson added: “We believe from enquiries we’ve conducted so far that others may have been approached in similar circumstances but may not have agreed to help the suspects.

“We would like to speak to anyone who has information about these incidents or may have been approached by someone either claiming to have won the lottery or looking for directions.”

Anyone with any information about the incidents is asked to contact DC 4626 Catherine Thompson on 101, quoting crime number 220722.

Do you know this man? Hunt for Harborough sex attacker takes on new twist

market_harborough_efit

This is the face of a man believed to have sexually assaulted a 17-year-old woman in Market Harborough.

Detectives revealed the computer generated image at a public meeting held at Welland Park Academy last night (Monday 19 September).

Concerned residents who attended the meeting were updated on the investigation by Detective Chief Inspector Jonny Starbuck, who appealed for anyone who knows someone resembling the man in the image to come forward.

DCI Starbuck said: “It is possible this man may live in the area and if this is the case, not only will he know the area well, but the local community will know him.

“We have held the meeting to continue to speak to people in the local area because we think they may have vital information or recognise the man in the image.

“I would urge anyone who knows someone matching this description to come forward.”

His appeal follows an attack which happened in the early hours of Monday 22 August, in a cut through off Green Lane.

assalt-page-001

The victim, a 17-year-old girl, was walking in the street shortly after midnight when she was grabbed by a man who dragged her onto a nearby footpath before subjecting her to what detectives have described as ‘a very serious sexual assault’.

She has described the man as white, of medium build, and between 20 and 40-years-old, with dark or grey hair. At the time of the attack she said he was wearing blue jeans and a coat.

A police spokesman said: “What made the man particularly distinctive is a mark between his thumb and index finger on his right hand. This could be a mole.”

Since the incident was reported to police, officers have been carrying out a number of lines of enquiry, speaking to local residents, looking at forensic opportunities, examining CCTV and leafleting houses and businesses.

A man who was arrested last week was subsequently released from police custody with no further action.

Anyone with information should contact Leicestershire Police on 101, quoting incident 364 of 22 August.

Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

 

Boys in blue helping supporters keep safe watching Leicester City’s boys in blue

County bobbies are getting on the ball with the way they police the thousands of Blue Army supporters who flock to home games at the King Power stadium.

The boys in blue are using the social media gizmos to keep everyone safe when they go to watch the Leicester City boys in blue.

screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-16-10-48

“We use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat to bring you up-to-date with all the latest policing news about your beloved Blues,” says a Leicestershire Police spokesman.

“As Leicester City embark on one of their biggest ever seasons, we are going to reveal the roles of different officers and give you exclusive behind the scenes access to videos showing you what goes into planning the policing operation for a match.

“From pre-match briefings to officer deployment on game day itself, you will get to see how we go about planning to keep the 30,000 plus fans who head to the King Power Stadium safe.”

screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-16-07-18

There will also be news of match day road closures, traffic hot spots and safety messages. You can keep in touch as follows: